Thursday, September 12, 2013

What inspires me??

What uppppppppp! Today's topic is what inspires me?? 
There are many things that inspire me but basically the thing that inspires me the most are the people who started from nothing but end up overcoming the odds and make it to the top! One of my favorite things is being the underdog. It started mainly in wrest,ing when I would be wrestling some guy that was 2 feet taller than me and thought he had won the match before it even started. I hate arrogance In thinking that somebody can't do something or accomplish a certain thing because of certain circumstances. It would shock the other coaches when this short, 5'4 chubby Kid would easily take down and pin his 6 ft muscle head. At the 220 weight class those were the features of most of my opponents. But it's the overcoming the doubt of people that inspire me. 

I remember at the start of the spring semester of my senior year I Started my quest for scholarships, and a fellow class mate would always put me down, thinking he was already gonna win the scholarship. Before I o into this let me remind you I had a 2.8 high school sGPA at the end of my senior year but I remained optimistic reminding my self that I will pay for my school. Which in the end paid off because I  received 8 different scholarships and paid for my entire schooling which I am very grateful for!(: when. Most people found out I received so many scholarships they were amazed and said one of two things. They either said "WOW you're really lucky!" Or they said "WOW you're so smart!!" Like I said earlier I was nooooo where near smart the main As I received where in my wrestling classes or my other electives. It was already difficult enough for me to maintain a B in my academic classes! And lucky? Well listen to this,  At the end of my senior year I had applied for 42 scholarships. Which for most students the most they apply for is around five. I knew that I was at a disadvantage because of my GPA so I had to keep my vision in my head 24/7. I put in so much work than most other students to receive the scholarships I got! I received a ratio of 8:42 which is less than 20%. From February to April almost every night I would stay up till 3 in the morning every night. Luck had nothing to do with it. It inspires me when I out in all this work and work and you finally achieve your goals.
When it comes to inspiration for me it's about those hard workers that bust there but to get to where they want to be and don't let anything stop in their past. They get knocked down 8 times and get up 9 times! To me it's not about what others did for you but what you did for yourself. Inspiration is when someone goes from the barrio to living the high life and doing everything they've wanted to accomplish. Hard work dedication and faith is my inspiration 

No comments:

Post a Comment